Half day Istanbul Ephesus tour
Half day Ephesus tour from Istanbul is a half day private tour. You can adjust the timings and order of individual sites you wish to visit together with your private tour guide. Please keep in mind that, we recommend an early start as early as possible. A Ephesus day trip from istanbul can only be done by flight.
Highlights of Half day Istanbul Ephesus Tour
- Fly from Istanbul Airport to Izmir Airport .
- Then drive to Selcuk.
- Visit Temple of Artemis,
- Explore Ancient Ephesus City,
- House of Virgin Mary
- Traditional lunch in a local restaurant with Turkish food
- At the end of the tour drive back to Izmir Airport
- Fly from Izmir Airport back to Istanbul Airport
Included with the tour
- Professional licensed tour guide
- All entrance fees of all sites & museums
- Private, non-smoking, like-new, a/c vehicle for entire touring
- Gift bag incl. "Highlights of Turkey" book
- A delicious Turkish lunch
- No HIDDEN Charges
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed service
- VAT (Value added tax)
Duration of Half day tour from Istanbul
This is a half day private tour, so timing of the tour is completely up to you. We recommend and early start. Half day tour takes approximately 4-5 Hours. (excluding flight)For 6-7 hour tours, please see "Full day tour from Istanbul"
For departures from Izmir, please kindly see Ephesus Tours from Izmir.
- Flight tickets (Purchased separately)
- Personal expenses
- Beverages served at lunch
- Tips for guide and driver
Price of half day Istanbul Ephesus tour
Istanbul Ephesus Tour prices varies depending on number of adults and number of individual attractions to be visited. Please get your "price quote" before booking.
* Flight tickets will be calculated and purchased "separately" and will be added after arrangement via email.
* Younger than 5 years old is free of charge. Children aged between 5 and 9 years old is half price.Older than 9 years old is adult price.Also: We would like to introduce local cultural aspect of Ephesus by showing as handmade Carpet & Rug Art Weaving Teaching-Village and Ceramic Center or a Leather Company.
- Personal expenses, beverages served at lunch, tips for guide and driver are not included in the tour price
- Ephesus city ruins are available for everyone to visit.Izmir Ephesus full day tour Includes walking approximately 1 mile over uneven and cobblestone areas with inclines and steps. Comfortable walking shoes, comfortable clothing, a hat, sunscreen and insect repellents are recommended. Guests should watch their step at all times in order to avoid accidents
- Basilica of St. John, Terrace Houses, Tomb of Seven Sleepers can be added. Please see custom tours for the new rates
- Temperatures can reach extreme highs during summer months; We recommend that you drink a lot of water and use suitable sun protection while on the tour.
- "Ephesus Archaeological Museum" is now re-open after full renovation
Share this page
Testimonials & reviews
Excellent tour, excellent service
This was by far the best tour I have ever been on. From start to finish the tour was conducted with complete professionalism while still remaining fun. I was impressed by the organisation and structure of the tour including the organisation of my return flight tickets from Istanbul to Izmir.Raife, my tour guide was extremely knowledgeable, fun, friendly and a pleasure to be with. She also spoke perfect English which made understanding each part of the tour very simple. I will be recommending Ephesus Tours to anybody planning to visit Turkey. What a great experience and service!
We booked our own excursion to Ephesus as part of our cruise holiday because it was far cheaper than the cruise line's excursion. It was so easy to book online in advance and a quick phone call to confirm our booking. There was no deposit to pay although we did need to pay in cash at the end of the tour. We were met at the port by our guide, Hulya. The transport for 6 of us was spacious, clean and comfortable and Hulya gave an interesting talk about Turkey on the way to Ephesus. Ephesus is absolutely fascinating and we felt lucky to have Hulya for our guide as she is clearly very knowledgeable, being a volunteer archaeologist at the site. We visited the Terrace Houses and Hulya introduced us to her tutor who discovered them. We had asked to visit the Ephesus Museum and Hulya talked us through the exhibits before allowing us time to look round on our own. We then enjoyed a lovelyTurkish lunch at the inevitable craft centre, although the explanation of how the carpets are made was actually very interesting. We didn't feel too pressured into buying anything but it was slightly unnerving when the salesman appeared to lock the door! All in all, a very memorable day for both adults and teenagers and highly recommended. Hulya even posted a parcel of guide books and gift bags to us in the UK because it had been forgotten on the day. This was a very nice touch and much appreciated.
Testimonials & Reviews
“We were very pleased with his promptness in meeting us at ship with a clean, air conditioned van. As a former teacher, his information was engaging and fun.”