Istanbul Ephesus Tour
Istanbul Ephesus Tour is a private tour and you can modify the timings and order of individual sites you wish to visit together with your private tour guide. Please note that, we recommend an early start as early as possible. A one day tour from Istanbul to Ephesus ruins can best be done by flight.
Highlights of Istanbul Ephesus Tour
- Fly from Istanbul Airport to Izmir Airport .
- Then drive to Selcuk.
- Visit Temple of Artemis,
- Explore Ancient Ephesus City,
- House of Virgin Mary
- Ephesus Museum
- Traditional lunch in a local restaurant with Turkish food
- At the end of the tour drive back to Izmir Airport
- Fly from Izmir Airport back to Istanbul Airport
Included with the tour
- Professional licensed tour guide
- All entrance fees of all sites & museums
- Private, non-smoking, like-new, a/c vehicle for entire touring
- Transfers both from and to airport
- Gift bag incl. "Highlights of Turkey" book
- A delicious Turkish lunch
- No HIDDEN Charges
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed service
- VAT (Value added tax)
- Flight tickets (Purchased separately)
- Personal expenses
- Beverages served at lunch
- Tips for guide and driver
Duration of the tour
This is a private tour, so timing of the tour is completely up to you. We recommend and early start. Full day tour takes approximately 6-7 Hours (excluding flight).For 3-4 hour tours, please see "Half day tours from Istanbul"
For departures from Kusadasi, please kindly see Kusadasi Ephesus Tours.
Price of Istanbul Ephesus tour
Istanbul Ephesus Tour prices varies depending on number of adults and number of individual attractions to be visited. Please get your "price quote" before booking.
* Flight tickets will be calculated and purchased "separately" and will be added after arrangement via email.
* Younger than 5 years old is free of charge. Children aged between 5 and 9 years old is half price.Older than 9 years old is adult price.Also: We would like to introduce local cultural aspect of Ephesus by showing as handmade Carpet & Rug Art Weaving Teaching-Village and Ceramic Center or a Leather Company.
- Personal expenses, beverages served at lunch, tips for guide and driver are not included in the tour price
- Ephesus city ruins are available for everyone to visit.Izmir Ephesus full day tour Includes walking approximately 1 mile over uneven and cobblestone areas with inclines and steps. Comfortable walking shoes, comfortable clothing, a hat, sunscreen and insect repellents are recommended. Guests should watch their step at all times in order to avoid accidents
- Basilica of St. John, Terrace Houses, Tomb of Seven Sleepers can be added. Please see custom tours for the new rates
- Temperatures can reach extreme highs during summer months; We recommend that you drink a lot of water and use suitable sun protection while on the tour.
- "Ephesus Archaeological Museum" is now re-open after full renovation
Testimonials & reviews
Lovely tour of Ephesus!
We were greeted at our port and taken to Ephesus by a tour guide and a driver. The tour was educational, interesting and fun! Our tour guide and drive made us feel very welcome and safe while we were touring. We were never rushed and the guide shared with us so many details of history and current life in Turkey. Our lunch was incredible and we just had a fantastic day!
Arrival at Izmir from Istanbul by plane. First to Isa Bey mosque where the columns are recycled from Artemis Temple remains. Then, to Ephesus Roman city tour. Bring along hats, umbrella and sunglasses. It was very hot even in September. Also, good walking shoes or comfy sandals. Turkey was part of the ancient Roman empire, so, there are many Roman ruins in Turkey such as Artemis, Ephesus, Hierapolis-Pamukkale, Side, Perge, Aspendos. News to me. Tour around Ephesus gave a glimpse of life back then. Pretty impressive. The Romans are great builders. The early mosaic at the marketplace floor, the communal toilets with central heating, the sewerage and drainage system, the marble street, the library, and the theatre. Pity it didn't last. Attacks by pirates, Turks, etc and then earthquakes scatter the civilized cities into field of ruins. After Ephesus, tour to Mary's house on top of hill overlooking Aegean sea. Tranquil atmosphere with surrounding olive trees and orchards. I can imagine Mary finding peace during her last years running away from Jerusalem after Christ was crucified and making her way there after 1000s kilometres. The house was reconstructed. Locals selling fresh peaches, figs, pomegranate outside. Pit stops for some fine carpets and leather fashion house.
Testimonials & Reviews
“We were on a med. cruise and booked a tour of Ephesus and it was the best tour of the trip. Our guide, EMRE met us at the port, he was knowledgeable and fun.”