Izmir Ephesus Excursion - Half day
Half day Ephesus Tour from Izmir airport is a fully private excursion. Timings and order of which individual sites you wish to visit can be modified together with your private tour guide. In general, half day Izmir Ephesus tours are preferred by guests wish to visit Ephesus from Izmir airport. And this excursion is also suitable if you have limited time leave from Izmir port. Please keep in mind that, we recommend an early start as early as possible.
Highlights of the Excursion
- Meet your guide at Izmir Airport or your hotel and drive to Selcuk.
- Explore Ancient Ephesus,
- House of Virgin Mary
- Temple of Artemis
- Lunch in a local restaurant with traditional Turkish food
- Drive back to Izmir (Izmir Port/Airport/Hotel)
Included with the tour
- Professional licensed tour guide
- All entrance fees of all sites & museums
- Private, non-smoking, like-new, a/c vehicle for entire touring
- Gift bag incl. "Highlights of Turkey" book
- A delicious Turkish lunch
- No HIDDEN Charges
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed service
- VAT (Value added tax)
Duration of half day tour from Izmir
This is a half day private tour, so timing of the excursion is completely up to you. We recommend and early start. Half day excursion takes approximately 4-5 Hours.For 6-7 hour tours, please see "Full day tour from Izmir"
For departures from Kusadasi, please kindly see Ephesus Tours from Kusadasi.
Price of Izmir Ephesus Excursions
Private Ephesus Tours from Izmir prices varies depending on number of adults and number of individual attractions to be visited. Please get your "price quote" before booking.
* Younger than 5 years old is free of charge. Children aged between 5 and 9 years old is half price.Older than 9 years old is adult price.Also: We would like to introduce local cultural aspect of Ephesus by showing as handmade Carpet & Rug Art Weaving Teaching-Village and Ceramic Center or a Leather Company.
- Personal expenses, beverages served at lunch, tips for guide and driver are not included in the tour price
- Ephesus city ruins are available for everyone to visit.Izmir Ephesus full day tour Includes walking approximately 1 mile over uneven and cobblestone areas with inclines and steps. Comfortable walking shoes, comfortable clothing, a hat, sunscreen and insect repellents are recommended. Guests should watch their step at all times in order to avoid accidents
- Basilica of St. John, Terrace Houses, Tomb of Seven Sleepers can be added. Please see custom tours for the new rates
- Temperatures can reach extreme highs during summer months; We recommend that you drink a lot of water and use suitable sun protection while on the tour.
- "Ephesus Archaeological Museum" is now re-open after full renovation
Share this page
Testimonials & reviews
Lovely tour of Ephesus!
We were greeted at our port and taken to Ephesus by a tour guide and a driver. The tour was educational, interesting and fun! Our tour guide and drive made us feel very welcome and safe while we were touring. We were never rushed and the guide shared with us so many details of history and current life in Turkey. Our lunch was incredible and we just had a fantastic day!
Arrival at Izmir from Istanbul by plane. First to Isa Bey mosque where the columns are recycled from Artemis Temple remains. Then, to Ephesus Roman city tour. Bring along hats, umbrella and sunglasses. It was very hot even in September. Also, good walking shoes or comfy sandals. Turkey was part of the ancient Roman empire, so, there are many Roman ruins in Turkey such as Artemis, Ephesus, Hierapolis-Pamukkale, Side, Perge, Aspendos. News to me. Tour around Ephesus gave a glimpse of life back then. Pretty impressive. The Romans are great builders. The early mosaic at the marketplace floor, the communal toilets with central heating, the sewerage and drainage system, the marble street, the library, and the theatre. Pity it didn't last. Attacks by pirates, Turks, etc and then earthquakes scatter the civilized cities into field of ruins. After Ephesus, tour to Mary's house on top of hill overlooking Aegean sea. Tranquil atmosphere with surrounding olive trees and orchards. I can imagine Mary finding peace during her last years running away from Jerusalem after Christ was crucified and making her way there after 1000s kilometres. The house was reconstructed. Locals selling fresh peaches, figs, pomegranate outside. Pit stops for some fine carpets and leather fashion house.
Testimonials & Reviews
“We had a great experience on Ephesus Breeze. It was better, and less expensive, than travelling with a large group of people on a tour bus all day. Our guide, was great. We felt safe and comfortable. "