Izmir Ephesus Excursion - Half day
Half day Ephesus Tour from Izmir airport is a fully private excursion. Timings and order of which individual sites you wish to visit can be modified together with your private tour guide. In general, half day Izmir Ephesus tours are preferred by guests wish to visit Ephesus from Izmir airport. And this excursion is also suitable if you have limited time leave from Izmir port. Please keep in mind that, we recommend an early start as early as possible.
Highlights of the Excursion
- Meet your guide at Izmir Airport or your hotel and drive to Selcuk.
- Explore Ancient Ephesus,
- House of Virgin Mary
- Temple of Artemis
- Lunch in a local restaurant with traditional Turkish food
- Drive back to Izmir (Izmir Port/Airport/Hotel)
Included with the tour
- Professional licensed tour guide
- All entrance fees of all sites & museums
- Private, non-smoking, like-new, a/c vehicle for entire touring
- Gift bag incl. "Highlights of Turkey" book
- A delicious Turkish lunch
- No HIDDEN Charges
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed service
- VAT (Value added tax)
Duration of half day tour from Izmir
This is a half day private tour, so timing of the excursion is completely up to you. We recommend and early start. Half day excursion takes approximately 4-5 Hours.For 6-7 hour tours, please see "Full day tour from Izmir"
For departures from Kusadasi, please kindly see Ephesus Tours from Kusadasi.
Price of Izmir Ephesus Excursions
Private Ephesus Tours from Izmir prices varies depending on number of adults and number of individual attractions to be visited. Please get your "price quote" before booking.
* Younger than 5 years old is free of charge. Children aged between 5 and 9 years old is half price.Older than 9 years old is adult price.Also: We would like to introduce local cultural aspect of Ephesus by showing as handmade Carpet & Rug Art Weaving Teaching-Village and Ceramic Center or a Leather Company.
- Personal expenses, beverages served at lunch, tips for guide and driver are not included in the tour price
- Ephesus city ruins are available for everyone to visit.Izmir Ephesus full day tour Includes walking approximately 1 mile over uneven and cobblestone areas with inclines and steps. Comfortable walking shoes, comfortable clothing, a hat, sunscreen and insect repellents are recommended. Guests should watch their step at all times in order to avoid accidents
- Basilica of St. John, Terrace Houses, Tomb of Seven Sleepers can be added. Please see custom tours for the new rates
- Temperatures can reach extreme highs during summer months; We recommend that you drink a lot of water and use suitable sun protection while on the tour.
- "Ephesus Archaeological Museum" is now re-open after full renovation
Share this page
Testimonials & reviews
Ephesus brought to life ! what a memorable tour !
Before booking the tour, as always we read through the Trip advisor reviews. From the moment we met our guide Professor ? ( his name now escapes me) we just knew we were in for a wonderful day. The "taxi" was a luxury mini coach with an excellent driver. Our host brought Ephesus to life, enabling both my wife and I to share in the whole experience of Ephesus. Words are inadequate to describe how we felt as we walked through history... you just have to go and live it deep within... a real emotional journey which we will never forget.
From my very first contact with this company, I knew my family and I were in great hands. We first drove to the House of the Virgin Mary and Alp (our tour driver) got us there before any other tour group. We had the entire site to ourselves! Next, we went to the ancient city of Ephesus and saw the Temple of Artemis, Terrace Houses, and the many other sites of this ancient city. Then, we visited a Turkish rug demonstration (which was fascinating to see the making of these beautiful rugs), had a wonderful Turkish lunch (which was by far one of my favourite meals), and visited a Turkish pottery store (we spent way too much money here but was totally worth it).
Testimonials & Reviews
“I used About Ephesus Tours after reading reviews @ tripadvisor.com. We had Emre as our guide. He is an educated,(history major), polite, attentive guide.”