Custom Ephesus Tours from Izmir
Custom Ephesus tour from Izmir details given below is a fully private tour. This Ephesus Tour itinerary can start from Izmir Hotel, Izmir Airport or Izmir port for cruise passengers. You can adjust the timings and order of which individual sites you wish to visit before you meet with your guide. Please keep in mind that, we recommend an early start as early as possible.
Highlights of the tour
- Meet your guide at designated point in Izmir and drive to Selcuk.
- Temple of Artemis,
- Explore Ancient Ephesus,
- Add The Terrace Houses
- Add Basilica of St. John
- Add Ephesus Archaeological Museum
- Add Tomb of Seven Sleepers
- Add Sirince Village
- You can add House of Virgin Mary
- Lunch in a local restaurant with traditional Turkish food
- End of the tour drive back to Izmir Port, to your hotel or Airport/
Included with the tour
- Professional licensed tour guide
- All entrance fees of all sites & museums
- Private, non-smoking, like-new, a/c vehicle for entire touring
- Gift bag incl. "Highlights of Turkey" book
- A delicious Turkish lunch
- No HIDDEN Charges
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed service
- VAT (Value added tax)
Duration of the Tour
This is a private tour, so timing of the tour is completely up to you. We recommend and early start. Custom tour can take maximum 8-9 Hours.For 6-7 hour tours, please see "Full day tour from Izmir"
For guest taking the tour from Kusadasi, please kindly see Ephesus Tours from Kusadasi.
Price of the excursion
Private Ephesus Tour prices varies depending on number of adults and number of individual attractions to be visited. Please get your "price quote" before booking.
* Younger than 5 years old is free of charge. Children aged between 5 and 9 years old is half price.Older than 9 years old is adult price.Also: We would like to introduce local cultural aspect of Ephesus by showing as handmade Carpet & Rug Art Weaving Teaching-Village and Ceramic Center or a Leather Company.
- Personal expenses, beverages served at lunch, tips for guide and driver are not included in the tour price
- Ephesus city ruins are available for everyone to visit. Izmir Ephesus custom tour includes walking approximately 1 (one) mile over uneven and cobblestone areas with inclines and steps. Comfortable walking shoes, comfortable clothing, a hat, sunscreen and insect repellents are recommended. Guests should watch their step at all times in order to avoid accidents
- Basilica of St. John, Terrace Houses, Tomb of Seven Sleepers can be added. Please see custom tours for the new rates
- Temperatures can reach extreme highs during summer months; We recommend that you drink a lot of water and use suitable sun protection while on the tour.
- "Ephesus Archaeological Museum" is now re-open after full renovation
Share this page
Testimonials & reviews
Lovely tour of Ephesus!
We were greeted at our port and taken to Ephesus by a tour guide and a driver. The tour was educational, interesting and fun! Our tour guide and drive made us feel very welcome and safe while we were touring. We were never rushed and the guide shared with us so many details of history and current life in Turkey. Our lunch was incredible and we just had a fantastic day!
Arrival at Izmir from Istanbul by plane. First to Isa Bey mosque where the columns are recycled from Artemis Temple remains. Then, to Ephesus Roman city tour. Bring along hats, umbrella and sunglasses. It was very hot even in September. Also, good walking shoes or comfy sandals. Turkey was part of the ancient Roman empire, so, there are many Roman ruins in Turkey such as Artemis, Ephesus, Hierapolis-Pamukkale, Side, Perge, Aspendos. News to me. Tour around Ephesus gave a glimpse of life back then. Pretty impressive. The Romans are great builders. The early mosaic at the marketplace floor, the communal toilets with central heating, the sewerage and drainage system, the marble street, the library, and the theatre. Pity it didn't last. Attacks by pirates, Turks, etc and then earthquakes scatter the civilized cities into field of ruins. After Ephesus, tour to Mary's house on top of hill overlooking Aegean sea. Tranquil atmosphere with surrounding olive trees and orchards. I can imagine Mary finding peace during her last years running away from Jerusalem after Christ was crucified and making her way there after 1000s kilometres. The house was reconstructed. Locals selling fresh peaches, figs, pomegranate outside. Pit stops for some fine carpets and leather fashion house.
Testimonials & Reviews
“I used About Ephesus Tours after reading reviews @ tripadvisor.com. We had Emre as our guide. He is an educated,(history major), polite, attentive guide.”