Custom Ephesus Tours from Izmir
Custom Ephesus tour from Izmir details given below is a fully private tour. This Ephesus Tour itinerary can start from Izmir Hotel, Izmir Airport or Izmir port for cruise passengers. You can adjust the timings and order of which individual sites you wish to visit before you meet with your guide. Please keep in mind that, we recommend an early start as early as possible.
Highlights of the tour
- Meet your guide at designated point in Izmir and drive to Selcuk.
- Temple of Artemis,
- Explore Ancient Ephesus,
- Add The Terrace Houses
- Add Basilica of St. John
- Add Ephesus Archaeological Museum
- Add Tomb of Seven Sleepers
- Add Sirince Village
- You can add House of Virgin Mary
- Lunch in a local restaurant with traditional Turkish food
- End of the tour drive back to Izmir Port, to your hotel or Airport/
Included with the tour
- Professional licensed tour guide
- All entrance fees of all sites & museums
- Private, non-smoking, like-new, a/c vehicle for entire touring
- Gift bag incl. "Highlights of Turkey" book
- A delicious Turkish lunch
- No HIDDEN Charges
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed service
- VAT (Value added tax)
Duration of the Tour
This is a private tour, so timing of the tour is completely up to you. We recommend and early start. Custom tour can take maximum 8-9 Hours.For 6-7 hour tours, please see "Full day tour from Izmir"
For guest taking the tour from Kusadasi, please kindly see Ephesus Tours from Kusadasi.
Price of the excursion
Private Ephesus Tour prices varies depending on number of adults and number of individual attractions to be visited. Please get your "price quote" before booking.
* Younger than 5 years old is free of charge. Children aged between 5 and 9 years old is half price.Older than 9 years old is adult price.Also: We would like to introduce local cultural aspect of Ephesus by showing as handmade Carpet & Rug Art Weaving Teaching-Village and Ceramic Center or a Leather Company.
- Personal expenses, beverages served at lunch, tips for guide and driver are not included in the tour price
- Ephesus city ruins are available for everyone to visit. Izmir Ephesus custom tour includes walking approximately 1 (one) mile over uneven and cobblestone areas with inclines and steps. Comfortable walking shoes, comfortable clothing, a hat, sunscreen and insect repellents are recommended. Guests should watch their step at all times in order to avoid accidents
- Basilica of St. John, Terrace Houses, Tomb of Seven Sleepers can be added. Please see custom tours for the new rates
- Temperatures can reach extreme highs during summer months; We recommend that you drink a lot of water and use suitable sun protection while on the tour.
- "Ephesus Archaeological Museum" is now re-open after full renovation
Share this page
Testimonials & reviews
Private Ephesus full day visit
Got picked up by Mrs Phyliss ( licensed tour guide) and the driver from Izmir Airport ( after a bit of waiting because our flight had some few minutes delays). She spoke good English. As we drove from the airport to Selcuk/Ephesus she led us in the discussions that covered work, culture, politics, religion as well as family. In about an hour it was as if we have been in Turkey before due her explanations. We went to the house of Virgin Mary (detailed explanation enroute as well as onsite given-because it was a Sunday my wife and I attended the mass for about 5 minutes). Moved to Ephesus ancient city( what a blast from the past) and spent about 1.5 hours (being given details of each section of the City including Ephesus Breeze library and 25000 seater Amphitheatre by our knowledgeable tour guide) from the upper gate to the lower gate. We moved for lunch at carpet weaving facility supported by the Turkish Dept. Of Education- excellent lunch we had and excellent carpets we saw. From there we moved to Selcuk for the Basilica of ST John. It was great touring the supposed tomb of ST Jean/John and the remains of the Church. What an inspiration. Closed off by visiting a leather clothes making outlet - great quality. In summary:Booking arrangements : excellent Tour guide and Driver : Excellent The tour Car/van: Excellent Places visited : great Do I recommend the Ounce Travel company : Absolutely Tour Rates: Very GoodIf you you want visit in summer please note that an ambrela is a must. The place is hot.Im looking at visiting again to tour the 7 churches of Revelation. My first choice should be Ounce Travel.Thanks to Mrs Phillys and Ounce Travel for the journey we may never forget.Jeremiah Mudau From Republic of South Africa
Couples Day Trip from Izmir
Had a great time. Pick-up/drip off at at hotel was efficient and without problems. Small group (7 people total) kept the tour manageable and flowing (not constantly waiting for someone to catch up). Sights were amazing and Zeynep, out tour guide, was fantastic. Very knowledgeable and knew exactly where to catch the best photos. Lunch was great, and even the Turkish carpet pitch was tolerable. Recommend this trip if you want to see Ephesus, Mary’s house , and St John’s Basilica in an easy day trip.
Testimonials & Reviews
“I used About Ephesus Tours after reading reviews @ tripadvisor.com. We had Emre as our guide. He is an educated,(history major), polite, attentive guide.”